Starting a Consulting Business
Brown Learning Community
Class Schedule / Topics
(Classes are 2 hours in duration w/ Q&A at the end)
You are encouraged to bring your specific consulting issues to class as part of a class discussion.
PRELIMINARY OVERVIEW OF CONSULTANT SKILLS - SERVICES
- Consultant skills, Professional Resume, Qualifications, Experience.
- General types of services to be offered ( Generalist / Specialist).
SETTING UP THE FIRM - FINANCIAL / STRUCTURE
- Developing the Business Plan.
- Defining the Corporate Structure.
- Defining the Cost of Operation.
- Insurance/Liability issues.
- Fee Structure / Calculating the Billing Rate.
MARKETING AND MANAGING THE FIRM
- Identify Market and "Target Market" Groups.
- Identify Market needs.
- Define Consultant ability to service Market needs.
- Identify the "Client".
- Identify the "Client needs".
- Marketing Tactics and Strategies.
- The Proposal.
- The Contract.
- Collection of fees, (payment schedule).
- Justification of services rendered (fees billed).
- Disagreement Resolution.
** Use of the internet***
IMPLEMENTING THE PLAN
- Making the Firm work.
- Setting realistic goals.
- Contingency plans.
- Development, Expansion, Profit.
Various portions of the handouts and class resources are available on the internet at:
There is also a Helpful Home Page list available on this site
which should serve as an excellent additional resource.
The Meta Tag experts
Awarded by Netscape's
||This web site, and all contents thereof are COPYRIGHT © 1996 - 2013
DEION ASSOCIATES & STRATEGIES, INC. All Rights Reserved.